White Rose Awards
The White Rose Awards are managed by "Welcome to Yorkshire", which is the organisation that promotes tourism in Yorkshire. There are 17 different categories for the awards, and the finalists in each category have now been announced.
The Middleton Railway was delighted to have been chosen as a finalist in the category for Small Visitor Attractions (meaning ones which have fewer than 50,000 visitors in a year). When the winners of the awards were announced at a ceremony in Harrogate on Monday 12th November, the railway was even more delighted to discover that it had been "Highly Commended" - in effect, was the runner up in this category.
For more details see the Awards website. Meanwhile, we will continue working to improve even further the quality of the experiences that we are able to offer to our visitors, with the aim of winning in this category in the future.
Other pages of our website give more information about:
- other attractions as part of a visit to our railway;
- how to find our railway;
- our train services;
- highlights of our museum collection;
- railway-themed DVDs and videos (including ones of events that we have run);
- railway-themed books (including the railway's history and stock list);
- the book "Bert's Tales of Middleton";
- other kinds of souvenirs;
- our museum collection;
- our portfolio of development projects; and
- how you could get involved.